For the past 3 years I’ve been very lucky and fortunate to travel quite a bit, so I just wanted to share with you some tips on packing your hand luggage.
– Airports can get very cold so I always wear an extra layer. Pieces that tie at the front are way more practical than pullovers, so cardigans or blazers are a good choice.
– Hats are really not that necessary for shorts flights but when you’re in a flight that is 14 hours long your hair can get a little messy and a hat can do the trick to keep you looking good, besides hats always make you look chic 😉
– I like to get a couple of my favorite magazines to read on the plane so as soon as I know that I’m traveling I keep unread the latest issues so that I have something new to read. I also like to carry a good book.
– Shoes: Since you have to take your shoes off at security check points I like to wear comfortable shoes that are easy to take off and on, and since I don’t like being bare feet on the carpet I try to avoid wearing sandals.
– I use a large pouch to keep handy everything I need during the flight. This way I don’t have to keep with me my large handbag and I don’t have to stand up to get things during the flight.
– I always carry some sort of snacks like roasted almonds, granola bars, crackers. You have no idea how many times they have saved my life.
– To avoid dry skin and dehydration don’t forget to drink plenty of fluids before, during and after the flight. Not alcohol ladies, water water water!
– Pack your cosmetics in a Ziploc and as soon as you land just transfer them over to your make-up bag and make sure to carry lip balm and a moisturizer (I like to carry samples instead of the whole jar or tube)
– And last but not least always remember to carry a pen and don’t forget to wear your watch (different time zones = time adjusting)