Ok people, here’s the recipe I was talking about on Monday! I came across this recipe while back in my Island days, when I had to channel my inner Martha Stewart abilities (if any!) because availability of stuff in general was kind of limited. Since then, this recipe has become a staple over here. I dare you to make it and be able to control yourself 😉
These make a great little snack if you’re having people over, and they are fantastic to take with you on a picnic, road trip, the beach, basically anywhere! I’ve slightly adjusted the recipe to my tasting, and I always make it double as I find that the sticks disappear quite fast! Here’s my version (already doubled):
– 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese (or any kind you like, I’ve made it with white cheddar and Gouda before and the results are good too)
– 1/2 to 3/4 cup of shredded parmesan cheese
– 1 stick of butter at room temperature
– 1 1/2 cups of multigrain flour (I just discovered quinoa flour and can’t wait to try it). You can use any type of flour really, but I love the texture from the grains.
WHAT TO DO:
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix with your hands (you can use a food processor if you have it!), then spread it over your counter and roll it flat. Make stick shapes with a knife and place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 10 min, take them out, flip them, and bake for 10 more minutes. Let them cool and enjoy!
* Note: don’t over bake them otherwise they won’t taste good at all! The 10 min guide is pretty accurate 😉