Today I want to talk about makeup and the very basic items every girl should have covered. When it comes to beauty, we all have different tastes, favorites, and routines; but whether you like to go all out with makeup or keep it natural and simple, I believe there are 10 makeup items every girl should have in her beauty arsenal. Consider these 10 items the basic foundation and what you really need. Whether you’re going for a “natural” look or a bit more of drama (like a smokey eye), these will have you covered 😉 And speaking of covered, there’s nothing like getting all your personal faves in one stop. I used to get my products at department stores, but I find it way more convenient to get it all in one place annnd since Sephora has an amazing return policy, which in all honesty I just found out about recently, I either hit the store or order online (they have free shipping for orders over $50 and free returns). Plus, sometimes it’s nice to go in the store and try the products, don’t you feel like you could spend hours in there?!
Scroll down for the list!
1. Concealer: To cover up under eye circles, blemishes, and pimples; or to highlight your brow bones, the corner of your eyes, or the top and folds around your nose. My favorite is YSL touche eclat and I have it in two tones: I use the lighter one as a highlighter and the darker shade as a concealer.
2. Powder: To set your makeup and keep shine under control.
3. Foundation: To even up your skin tone. A tinted moisturizer also does the trick 😉
4. Blush: Nothing livens up the face like a bit of cheek color. There’s a reason why the Nars in orgasm blush is a bestseller, it really works beautifully on most skin tones 😉
5. Bronzer: For an instant glow and sun-kissed look. Sometimes I’d layer a bit of blush and a bit of bronzer.
6. Eyeshadow: I think that when it comes to eyeshadow what you really need is a versatile palette that can take you from day to night.
7. Eyeliner: To create a cat-eye or add a bit of drama to your look.
8. Mascara: Trust me, sometimes it just takes a few swipes of mascara to open up your eyes and feel more awaken 😉 My absolute fave is They’re Real.
9. Brow Pencil: Great to have on hand to fill empty spaces or to simply make a statement with bold brows.
10. Lipstick/Lip gloss: Sometimes all you need is a bright lip to look put together. It’s incredible how a bit of color can brighten up your face! I like wearing Fresh Sugar Lip treatment and Benefit tinted lip balm during the day, they give you just the right tint of color 😉
Personal Faves (same as up in the collage): YSL Touche Éclat || Lancome Dual Finish Powder || Estee Lauder Double Wear Maximum Coverage || Nars Blush in Orgasm || Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess || Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner || Benefit They’re Real Mascara || Benefit Gimme Brow & Clinique Eyeliner || Nars Lip gloss.
This post was created in partnership with Sephora, all opinions are my own!