Happy New Year to all of you! For the next couple of weeks I want to concentrate on starting the year off right. From simple hacks to make your life easier, to motivation to keep you going, active and engaged with your community, it’s going to be all about a positive and healthy start!
But first, I wanted to revisit my favourite looks of 2015 🙂 As I was selecting them I came to realize a couple of points (besides the fact that I do like hats and that my denim jacket always makes an appearance) I want to talk about.
1. A crisp white blazer is definitely a wardrobe staple and I love the contrast of the curved hem and sharp angles of this one. I wore this to pieces and I loved layering it with other jackets.
2. It’s always good to experiment but if you find something you love it’s totally ok to stick to it 😉 Faux leather, lace and denim is definitely a combo I LOVE! As seen above, I dressed it up on occasions and gave it a sporty twist on others. If you ever come across a great pair of faux-leather shorts don’t hesitate and get them! They are easy to dress up and down and not a single time I wore them I did not get a compliment (got them from Zara 2 years ago)
3. Leather and stripes is always a good idea 🙂
5. Unique jewelry takes everything up a notch and makes it all more interesting.
6. A faux fur collar can glam up the simplest of all outfits, such a versatile piece!
7. That comment I made about experimenting? Definitely worth it. These culottes were one of the best purchases I made.
8. Finding your color palette makes dressing and shopping way easier. It’s clear I’m all about neutrals.
9. Leopard flats spice everything up 😉 Similar ones here
10. Classics are called classics for a reason: they go with everything, all year-round and never go out of style. This draped trench (on sale) is a favorite of mine 😉
11. A go-to dressy piece can take a daytime look up a notch in an instant! Look for one that is versatile like this vest which you can wear as a dress with tights, over a skirt, jeans, and in this case, with a bow-tie blouse and coated jeans
12. Turn a dress into a top by belting it, as easy as that! Wore this tunic at the beach in Miami and as a top here in Toronto 😉