When you have some killer hair tools and a friend who is a hairstylist, it becomes a bit of a no-brainer to pair them up for some great hairstyles, so I asked my friend and hairstylist Aylin to create some looks to inspire you all for the Holidays. We (I mean she!) created four easy looks with step-by-step instructions for you to recreate in case you feel inclined to style your hair for the festivities 😉 We used the T3 Micro convertible wand and Starightening Iron (many of you have asked about T3 Micro tools and they are seriously amazing, couldn’t be happier with them) and Bumble and Bumble Does It All Light hold Hairspray, Full Form Mouse and Spray de Mode Flexible Hold Hairspray.
Scroll down for all 4 looks and their easy step-by-step instructions!
. HALF-UP FISHTAIL .
1. Loosely curl your hair with the 1″ barrel and spray a little bit of B&B Does it All.
2. Tie the bottom half of your hair out of the way.
3. Split your top half in two sections.
4. Grab a small strand of hair from the right and cross it over the left creating an “X”.
5. Grab another small strand from the left and cross it over to the right.
6. Keep repeating this pattern until you have braided all the hair.
7. Secure with a clear hair elastic.
8. Curl again the bottom section, spray some Does it All and run your fingers through it to get loose looking waves.
. PONYTAIL WITH RIBBON .
1. Tie your hair into a ponytail.
2. Use the wand to curl your hair in your ponytail small sections at a time.
3. Spray your hair with Bumble & Bumble All Hair Spray or if you wish more volume use their Full Form Mouse.
4. Grab a piece of ribbon (I used one from a gift I received!), wrap it around your hair tie and secure with a bow.
. INFINITY BRAID .
1. Tie your hair in a low ponytail.
2. Use the straightener to get rid of “fly aways” and to get a sleek look.
3. To make the infinity braid part the hair in two sections, grab one small strand of hair and wrap it around the opposite section of hair, as if you were doing an “8”.
4. Keep adding strands of hair as you braid down the ponytail and go as long as you’d like.
5. Secure the end with a hair tie or clear elastic and use the straightener to either give it a sleek end or loosely curl it.
6. Finish it off with a festive elastic or accessory 😉
. GLAM WAVES .
1. To get the best glam waves section your hair in 4 parts.
2. Curl one section at a time using a 1 1/2″ barrel.
3. Brush the curls out with either a round brush or a big square one.
4. Spray your hair with Bumble & Bumble Spray de Mode.