With a new season comes new clothes and if you want to get your Fall wardrobe in check while making sure you step into the new season with all the classics covered, here are the 9 must-have jackets to consider. From polished velvet blazers and classic staples, to on-trend options (that are equally timeless), here is what you need to make dressing and layering a breeze this season!
1. The Oversized Check Blazer: This is the season’s IT jacket and print I must add.
What to Buy: Anthropologie Plaid Long Blazer ($!38) | H&M Wool-Blend Blazer ($49.99) | H&M Single Breasted Jacket ($49.99) | Joie Blazer ($398) | Zara Buttoned Checked Blazer ($69.90)
2. The Leather Jacket: A good leather jacket is a piece you’ll have forever, so once you have the chance to invest in one, don’t even hesitate. It pairs well with just about anything.
What to Buy: Loft Faux Leather Motorcycle Jacket ($128 with 40% off) | Mackage Rumer Jacket (personal fave, $690) | Madewell Leather Jacket ($498) | Topshop Belted Leather Jacket ($337) | H&M Biker Jacket ($69.99)
3. The Velvet Blazer: The beautiful texture of velvet is perfect for the Holidays and a velvet blazer is the perfect way to complete a look. Whether you’re headed to the office or to a party, it will instantly dress you up.
What to Buy: J.Crew Parke Velvet Blazer ($168) | Anthropologie Velvet Blazer ($148)
4. The Sleeveless Trench: The perfect layering piece for the first days of transition when mornings are crisp but temperatures rise as the day goes on.
What to Buy: Citizens of Humanity Sleeveless Trench ($468) | Zara Waistcoat Dress ($99.99)
5. The Oversized Biker Jacket: Just as cool as the leather jacket but with a little bit more room for lots of layers.
What to Buy: Zara | Loft Aviator Jacket (obsessed!!!) | Zara Fleece Biker Jacket ($169) | Zara Biker Jacket ($169) | Zara Biker Jacket in Burgundy ($169)
6. The Classic Trench Coat: A classic piece of clothing that just never goes out of style.
What to Buy: London Fog Double Breasted Trench ($158) | Topshop Staple Editors Trench Coat ($106) | J.Crew Iconic Trench Coat ($298) | BB Dakota Lexia Trench Coat ($105) | J.Crew Belted Trench Coat ($149.99) | Babaton Lawson Trench Coat ($122.50)
7. The Camo Jacket: The military print made a comeback for the season (camo is never totally off-trend after all), and you’d be surprised of how versatile it can be. If the print is too much for you then go with a solid army green utility jacket as an alternative.
What to Buy: J.Crew Camouflage Utility Shirt ($65) | Loft Camo Cargo Jacket ($108 with extra 40% off) | Mikayla Camo Anorak ($158) | Madewell Catskills Jacket ($89.99)
8. The Sherpa Lined Denim Jacket: The perfect update to the denim jacket to make it even more weather appropriate for Fall has got to be the sherpa lining. You get the same denim look of your favorite jacket with an added extra layer of warmth, win-win!
What to Buy: Zara Oversized Denim Jacket ($99) | Topshop Oversized Jacket ($87) | Topshop Corduroy Jacket ($125) | Levi’s Original Sherpa Trucker Jacket ($128) | Madewell Oversized Jean Jacket ($175)
9. The Bomber Jacket: This trend is still going strong this year and it’s the perfect way to add some sporty and cool vibes to your look.
What to Buy: Madewell Quilted Military Jacket ($128) | Madewell Side-Zip Bomber Jacket ($128) | J.Crew Velvet Bomber Jacket (loooove, $150) | Nia Quilted Bomber Jacket | Talula Whitby Bomber ($67.50)