You’ve probably noticed that when it comes to makeup I’m not exactly what you’d call a Full-on Makeup Girl, you know what I mean? Easy, quick, “no-makeup” makeup is what I normally go for. I don’t experiment that much and I know what I like, so you could call me basic and simple in the makeup department. I’m also pretty loyal to the brands and products I love, and when I find something I like I usually don’t go out of the way to try something new unless it’s by a brand I already love (Benefit, Nars and Bare Minerals are three of my faves), I receive it as a gift, comes highly recommended by a friend, I spot the product on someone, or has some sort of health benefit like no-chemicals and that sort of thing.
So, with that said, for someone who doesn’t spend too much time on her makeup and who doesn’t necessarily (ok most definitely not) have the most incredible makeup-applying skills, this is what I consider worth buying right now. I use these daily, with the exception of eyeliner, and they are my top 8 products and go-to’s!
1. Bare Minerals BAREPRO Performance Wear Powder Foundation: This powder foundation has been my go-to lately. It’s lightweight, goes on super smooth, it’s not cake-y, covers well without feeling too heavy…I give it 10 out of 10!
2. Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer and Soft Matte Complete Concealer: Guys, THE best concealers I’ve ever tried are, without a question, these two. Some people prefer the creamy one, others the matte, I love both!. The creamy one goes on lighter and blends in super smooth while the matte one is more for dabbing, at least that’s how I use them. The creamy one is great as a highlighter too, and I apply it under my eyes and on my lids to open my eyes. I use the matte one to cover specific spots (blemishes or red spots) or when I need some extra coverage.
3. Benefit BADgal BANG! Volumizing Mascara: This mascara is hands down my favourite mascara at the moment and even though it claims to be volumizing, I find it super lengthening. In my opinion, Benefit makes the best mascaras and prior using this one I was a fan (still are) of They’re Real! and Roller Lash. But this one is incredible and my favourite of all three. I absolutely LOVE it and recommend it!
4. Stila Stay All Day® Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner: I just recently got this (finally!) and it really lives up to the hype. I wore a hint of eyeliner all day while in Ottawa in the blistering heat (it was 43 degrees!!) and I have to say, by the end of the day, after 8-9 hours in the sun, it didn’t look bad. I did have to re-apply to go out for dinner, but taking into consideration how hot it was and how much I was sweating, I’d say this one is a keeper, so if you’re looking for an eyeliner that doesn’t smudge or bleed, this is the one!
5. Nars Highlighting Powder: This “highlighter” in the Maldives shade is the most perfect bronzing powder you could get. If you’re looking for that sun-kissed look with a shimmery finish, this is exactly what you get when you apply it. Summer cheeks in 1, 2, 3. Trust me!
6. Nars Orgasm Blush: If I could only wear one blush for the rest of my life it would definitely be this one. Whether you have a tan or not, it always works beautifully on the skin. It’s the perfect shade!
7. Nars Orgasm Afterglow Lip Balm: You’ve probably noticed that I’m not that big on bold lipsticks; I prefer some subtle pink or nude lip balm, gloss or lipstick to keep things on the natural side and this one, along with Benefit’s tinted balm (in Posiebalm) is my fave!!! I can’t recommend this balm enough. Goes on so easy and gives you that perfect hint of colour that is not overpowering and that goes with everything. I also love that I can apply it on the go without even having to check in a mirror 🙂
8. Benefit Gimme Brow+ Volumizing Eyebrow Gel: This tiny little product is such a miracle worker! If you’re on the go you just apply it super quickly and boom! your brows look fuller, brushed and filled without looking fake. This has seriously become a staple for me.