Happy Friday everyone!! Well, August is here and before you know it Fall will roll in and the nice warm weather will be gone, so, before we wave Summer goodbye, make sure you take full advantage of the season! Here’s a list of my favourite things to do to make sure I completely enjoy the season and how I like to spend my time during these warm days 🙂
1. Make a picnic: Don’t let Summer end without enjoying a relaxing picnic at a park or the beach. It doesn’t need some complicating planning, you can either pack some snacks and treats or buy something from a local shop (perhaps your favourite bakery or pizza place?) bring a blanket with you, find a spot and just chill!
2. Watch a play/movie in the park: Watching a play at the end of the day is such an enjoyable way to unwind! To my fellow Toronto readers, High Park has two Shakespeare
plays running every day at 8pm except on Mondays and you’ll be surprised how funny they are. Highly recommend it! (here’s the info!) And here’s a list of all the free outdoor movies playing this Summer 😉
3. Rent a bike: Renting a bike these days couldn’t be easier, so hop on one and take a spontaneous stroll around your city!
4. Watch the sunset/sunrise: Set your alarm one day, take some brekkie with you and go watch the sunrise at a spot you really like. It’s such an invigorating way to start the day and must thing to do, especially in the Summer when the weather is enjoyable. Or watch the sun go down and the clouds turn pink at the end of the day 😉 (I’d recommend doing both!)
5. Enjoy an outdoors workout: A great way to catch some rays while exercising. There’s nothing like an outdoor workout! (make sure you wear sunscreen!)
6. Try a new Ice Cream Place: There’s no better way to cool down in the Summer than with a refreshing scoop of ice cream and there are so many great options around the city that it’s basically impossible not to indulge in a cold sweet treat 😉
7. Hit a farmers market: One of my favourite activities to do in the Summer is to get some local produce at a farmers market. Not only you get the chance to stock up on local fresh veggies and fruits but discover new vendors of baked goods, treats and more.
8. Have some fun in the water: If you find yourself being close to the water don’t miss the opportunity to get on a kayak, canoe or stand up paddle board before the warm weather goes away!
9. Enjoy patio time: Summer and patio time basically go hand in hand so don’t miss the opportunity to hit a patio whenever you can!
10. Enjoy al fresco dining: Invite some friends over, whip up something fresh and delicious and enjoy an al fresco dinner!
11. Hit a Flower market: Pick up some fresh blooms to enjoy for a few days!
12. Go for a hike: Nothing like a good hike in the woods to reconnect with nature, so find some trails and get going!
13. Go to the beach: While lake beaches don’t
exactly compare to ocean ones, they come in pretty close in terms of the
14. Go to an amusement park: Tap into your inner child and go have some fun 🙂
15. Go camping: If you don’t own any camping gear borrow from a friend or rent some, book a spot at a camping site and completely disconnect from the rest of the world!