I got my friend Aylin to teach me another cool hairstyle that not only is great to keep your hair off your face and up on hot days but one that also goes pretty well with sweaters, especially chunky turtlenecks. So whether you give this hairstyle a try right now or later on when the temperatures cool down a bit, there’s no doubt this will elevate your ponytail game, more than just a notch if I say so myself 😉
Now, the steps are not that complicated, see below:
1. Part your hair right at the centre.
2. Grab one section and dutch-braid it by crossing the strands of hair under rather than over (that’s how it pops out!). Make sure you incorporate hair to the strands as you braid it.
3. Work towards the back of your head and once you reach the nape of your neck tie it with a clear elastic.
4. Repeat on other side.
5. Once you have both braids done, join them at the centre and tie them together with a clear elastic.
6. Take a small section from the ponytail to cover the elastic by wrapping it over and securing it with a bobby pin.
7. Using your straightener, give your ponytail some texture by creating some loose waves. * You can also do this at the beginning if that’s easier for you, or you can just leave it straight or curly depending on how your natural hair is 😉
8. Gently pull out the braids for a fuller, thicker look.
9. Set the style with some hairspray and you’re done!