The Summer to Fall transition always calls for a little creativity when it comes to dressing and I find that the best way to ease into the season is to slowly incorporate your heavier layers with your Summer faves. What I like about this period is that you can still enjoy your hot weather favourites and make the most out of them before you store them away for good. Here are six fool-proof ways (or outfit ideas) to transition into Fall this year 🙂
1. Pair your Boho Summer dresses with chunky knits or layers. A cozy oversized cardigan, a comfy vest, a chunky sweater….they all work well and make a great contrast.
2. Don’t be afraid to layer-up! Whether is double jackets, coat over jacket, or vest over jacket, the more layers, the more multidimensional the look is!
3. Speaking of layers, this is the perfect time to rock a Canadian Tuxedo 😉
4. Wear your skirts with ankle boots.
5. Throw over your leather jacket (it goes with everything!)
PS: lots of options on yesterday’s post in case you need ideas!
6. Never underestimate the power of a good print, especially leopard!! Not only it adds an instant chic element to your look but this is the perfect season to sport it! I’ll be sharing some great leopard finds soon, but in the meantime, here are these, these (on my wish list!) and these