Here’s a super simple and quick (oh so quick!) dairy-free blueberry scone recipe that you’re going to love! They have been a major hit around here and I’ve made them twice: once with raspberries and once with blueberries. They are perfect for weekend breakfasts or brunch and even as an afternoon snack 😉 You can eat them as is or, as I like to do, with a bit of almond butter on each bite for some added protein and flavour. The whole process won’t take you more than 30 minutes so if you feel like baking this weekend, you can whip these up in no time!
WHAT YOU NEED:
. 1 package of President Choice Scone Baking Mix (I rarely, or never I must admit, buy pre-made mixes but the ingredients are pretty straight forward and was intrigued to try!)
. 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk.
. 1/2 cup cold coconut oil.
. 1 egg.
. 1 scoop vanilla flavoured fermented vegan protein powder (or any protein powder you like).
. 1 1/4 cup blueberries.
WHAT TO DO:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Combine your baking mix with the scoop of protein powder.
3. Add coconut oil and cut into small pieces using a fork or pastry cutter until it’s combined with the dry ingredients (it’s completely fine to have some small pieces left).
4. Add your blueberries.
5. Mix in your egg and almond milk without over-doing it!
6. Transfer dough to a floured surface and fold over a couple of times (make sure you handle the dough as little as possible!) . Give it a round shape by patting it into a circle of about 1 1/2 inches thick and using a sharp knife cut into triangular pieces.
7. Transfer to a baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes or until golden.
8. Enjoy warm and store leftovers (I’d be surprised if you end up with any!) in a tight container for a 2-3 days or freeze to consume later.