With Spring just a few weeks away is time to not only do some Spring cleaning and purge your closet (I always go through my closet with every change of season to get rid of what I’m not wearing, give space for new items, declutter and feel lighter) but give your space a little refresh, and while big ticket items are a great way to introduce a new look into your home, they are definitely not the only way to freshen things up. Some of my favourite ways to spruce up my home without breaking the bank include changing some pillow covers, swapping a heavy and warm throw for one that is lighter in both texture and colour, buying some fresh flowers, giving the walls a new look with different art, and incorporating some decor items that are stylish and practical.
Below you’ll find 5 easy ways to add some fresh style for Spring!
1. Trays: One easy way to refresh your bedside table, dresser, dining table or even a console is to add a stylish tray that not only can serve as a decor piece but can highlight some of your favourite pieces and/or keep things organized in one place. Seen above: West Elm Deco Handle Tray | Lulu & Georgia Jourdan Striped Raffia Tray | H&M Round Marble Tray | CB2 Nexus Black Marble Tank Tray | CB2 Marcella Brass Antique Mirror Tray
2. Throws and Pillows: I love changing pillow covers with each season or when I feel like giving my living or bedroom a little refresh. It’s such an easy way to make the space look different and you can find some really good deals at places like H&M, Zara Home, Target, and Urban Outfitters, to name a few. Also, swapping your throw for something lighter in colour or even a pattern that is more Spring like is also a great way to spruce up your room. Above: Lulu & Georgia Selma Pillow | Anthropologie Tasseled Chenille Nadia Pillow | H&M Wool-embroidered Cushion Cover | Susan Connor NY Artemis Cushion | Joanna Gaines for Anthropologie Embroidered Sadie Pillow | Justina Blakeney Shayne Pillow | West Elm Solid Basketweave Throw (currently on sale!) | Anthropologie Tasseled Chenille Nadia Pillow | Dottie Pillow By Claire Zinnecker | H&M Embroidered Cushion Cover
3. Vases and Flowers: There’s nothing like having some fresh blooms around the house and to be honest, sometimes you don’t have to spend a lot on flowers. I have found some amazing bouquets that have lasted me weeks at the grocery store and I find that eucalyptus in particular, are easy to care for, last a long time and feel airy and light. Above: H&M Large Glass Vase | Lulu & Georgia Antek Planter | Anthropologie Mia Vase | West Elm | H&M Wooden Plant Pot | H&M Round Glass Vase | Lulu & Georgia Katie Bud Vase
4. Art: If you’re looking for some new art for your walls, Minted is always the first place I go to. I love that the collaborate with independent designers and the fact that they give you lots of frame options. In this post: “Yesterday” – Mixed Media Limited Edition Art Print by Lorent and Leif | “Cannon Beach No. 2” – Photography Limited Edition Art Print by Kamala Nahas | “Malibu View No. 2” – Photography Limited Edition Art Print by Kamala Nahas | “Mountain Range” – Mixed Media Limited Edition Art Print by Sadie Holden | “Tower 2” – Photography Limited Edition Art Print by Kamala Nahas | “The Balancing 2” – Graphic Art Print by Francesca Iannaccone
5. Baskets: I have to admit, I have a thing for baskets….anyone else? I find them practical and easy to move around any space to serve a different purpose. Whether it is to hold shoes, throws, magazines, or just to display as a decor element, there are endless ways to use baskets in your home decor. Above: CB2 Peralta Oval Basket | H&M Cotton Storage Basket | Lulu & Georgia Serena Basket | Lulu & Georgia Caelee Medium Basket | CB2 Kalahari Striped Basket | H&M Jute Laundry Basket