Surrounded by mountains and the sea, Vancouver is, without doubt, a city to be experienced outdoors, and after another amazing trip to this beautiful city here’s a list of some of my favourite things to do. This time around we had the chance to fit in a weekend getaway (I’ll share more about that on a separate post) but in the meantime here are 5 favourite things I absolutely love doing in Vancouver for those of you who are planning a visit and need some ideas!
(BCMC Trail Gondola)
1. Going up the BCMC trail is one of our staples and whether you’re too tired or don’t have the time to return back down by foot, you can always hop on the gondola and enjoy the spectacular views.
2. Visit Deep Cove, wander around Panorama Park and hike up to Quarry Rock (it’s an easy and short hike). It really doesn’t get as peaceful as this charming little town so we love going for a hike, getting coffee/tea at Cafe Orso, and then wander around the shore to unwind.
(Deep Cove views from Quarry Rock)
(Hiking Quarry Rock)
3. Vancouver has a great culinary scene and I’m sure there are many spots I have yet to try, however, some of my tried-and-true favourites include Buddha Full (two locations on the north side, I love getting the sunflower butter bar as a snack), Pure Bread (this bakery has your sweet tooth covered!), Tacofino for tacos (their guac is the best!), Earnest Ice Cream (hands down the best ice cream! my favourite flavour is the vegan toasted coconut one), Savary Island Pie (amazing bread, pies and scones), and Nicli Antica for pizza (so good! they have one location in Gastown and one in North Vancouver).
(Buddha-Full Lower Lonsdale)
(Pure Bread at Olympic Village)
4. Hiking around Squamish, which in order to get there, includes one of the most scenic drives with mountains and sea views you can experience! We love going up to the Chief (one of the most classic hikes in the area) and then tying it with the Sea to Sky hike. Once up, enjoy a glass of wine, beer and the breathtaking views before heading down in the gondola.
5. Hands down, one of the best attractions in Vancouver is Stanley Park and there’s nothing like running or cruising around it on a beautiful day. It’s definitely one of my favourite things to do when in Vancouver. There are many bike rentals around but I normally rent a 7-speed cruiser at Spokes (perfectly located).
(Cruising around Stanley Park and the Sea Wall)
PS: if you’re looking for a weekend guide, here’s one I shared before!